Do you find yourself setting New Years Resolutions only to turn around and not follow through with them? It's okay most of us do the same thing due to 3 main reasons.
1. Our Resolutions/Goals are not clearly defined or are unattainable.
2. We are not holding ourselves accountable.
3. We are setting too many Resolutions/Goals.
So, let's address the 3 main reasons we fail when it comes to the follow through:
2. We are not holding ourselves accountable? You must truly WANT to make this a priority, otherwise you will never commit yourself 100% in making a conscious effort in attaining your resolution. Exercising and Losing Weight are 2 of the top resolutions/goals people set for the new year, BUT too many times we end up saying, "I am going to start exercising and lose this weight" but when the going gets tough and you tell yourself its "work", you quit. Know there is work involved when setting your resolutions/goals and be ready to put in the work to achieve it! Maybe exercising isn't for you, then opt for losing the weight first with a weight loss supplement which doesn't require exercise and once you get to the point you want to start adding in a exercise regimen, you can and then that goal becomes a plus 1 :)
3. We are setting too many resolutions/goals? If you are setting more than a handful of resolutions/goals then you are setting a handful too many. It becomes overwhelming trying to keep track of all the things you want to change when you cant even remember everything you listed. Instead, list no more than 5 resolutions/goals for the new year and make those your priority. It's a whole lot easier to remember and follow through with 4 or 5 as opposed to 10.
When setting your New Years Resolutions/Goals, go into it prepared.. take them seriously, don't just do it because it is the thing to do and you will find yourself succeeding.
You Can Do This!
READY, SET, GO!! HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015
We are bringing to you this holiday season "3" cookie recipes that are lower in calories as compared to traditional recipes, so head into the kitchen and bake you some treats that you won't feel so guilty about eating afterwards. No matter if you are on a diet or simply just trying to cut back, you should never deny yourself 100% of those guilty pleasures.
I must admit... I do have a weakness for sweets and while I am taking our weight loss supplement - BXT Burn, I definitely do not crave nor eat nearly what I would otherwise. BUT, during this time of year senses take over and that sweet smell of cookies baking is something anyone can fall weak to. With these recipes, mentally...I don't feel so guilty and thank goodness for BXT Burn, bc I can only eat a couple and I am done.
#FEELINGFULL #SWEETTOOTHSATISFIED #BXTBURN #DOWNTOEARTHSOLUTIONS
** If you have a Low Calorie Recipe you would like to share, feel free to comment below :) ENJOY!
Flourless Chocolate - Walnut Cookies
Position 2 racks in the upper and lower thirds of oven. Heat oven to 350°. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place walnuts on a work surface and finely chop. Transfer to a separate large baking sheet and toast until fragrant, about 9 minutes. Let cool. Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in a bowl. Stir in walnuts. Add egg whites and vanilla; beat with a fork or electric mixer on medium until batter is just moistened. (Do not overbeat batter or it will stiffen.) Drop batter by the teaspoonful onto baking sheets in evenly spaced mounds. Bake cookies until tops are lightly cracked and glossy, about 15 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Per cookie: 55 calories, 3.3 g fat, 0.4 g saturated fat, 6.2 g carbohydrates, 0.6 g fiber, 1.2 g protein
Nutritional analysis provided by Self
Chocolate Swirled Bars
Nutritional Facts 1 bar equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch
Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch MAKES: 30 servings
~ 1/4 cup butter, softened
~ 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
~ 1/4 cup sugar
~ 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
~ 1 egg
~ 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
~ 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
~ 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
~ 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
~ 1/8 teaspoon salt
~ 1/4 cup grape nuts
Nutritional Facts 1 cookie equals 56 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
MUD BODY SCRUB - Which is basically a sugar and coffee scrub and let me just say.. I love it! Especially because the coffee has such great benefits for your skin.
As you have probably noticed, Coffee and Caffeine are showing up all over in beauty products due to their tightening and antioxidant effects on the skin, which is especially important during the weight loss process. Caffeine, works on skin in the three primary ways: as a vasoconstrictor, an antioxidant, and a diuretic. Applied topically caffeine helps to redistribute fat cells and decrease the formation of cellulite. It also acts as a vasorestrictor, tightening and shrinking blood vessels thereby helping eliminate varicose veins.
AND....It can make you feel more alert too, due to the fact that you associate the smell with the invigorating effects of drinking coffee.
What you will need:
1 C Sugar (white, brown, cane)
5 TBSP Coffee grounds
1/4 C oil (veggie oil, almond oil, extra virgin olive oil, baby oil…)
1 tsp Peppermint Extract
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Mix sugar and coffee.
Add small amounts of oil to the sugar/coffee mix until everything is coated.
Add any fragrance you like. I chose to use Peppermint and Vanilla and they blend well with the coffee aroma.
Mix well and You’re ready to enjoy your Mud Body Scrub.
If you happen to find it a little watery from the oil, just add a little more sugar and/or coffee.
◦ If you have sensitive skin, do not add coffee grounds and use brown sugar (as it is less abbrasive)
◦ If you would like a coarser scrub, try 1/2 C of sugar and 1/2 C of coffee grounds.
Unfortunately, thirst isn't always a reliable gauge of the body's need for water, especially in children and older adults. A better indicator is the color of your urine: Clear or light-colored urine means you're well hydrated, whereas a dark yellow or amber color usually signals dehydration. (Mayo Clinic)
Anytime you are taking a supplement to detox such as our products Throttle or BBR Extreme, we recommend increase your water intake so you stay well hydrated.
7 great tips on how you can increase your daily water intake.
6. Hydrate with water based foods - Foods like cucumbers, salad greens, grapefruit, cantaloupe and watermelon. These all rank high in water content and can help keep you refreshed throughout the day.
7. Add water to your Juice - Add sparkling water to your juice. Think of it as a alternative to soda and a quick way to hydrate and satisfy your sweet tooth.
* Credit to Mayo Clinic, Buzz Feed and Youtube
In addition to bringing you our Simply Skinny® Weight Loss products. Here at DTES we hope to bring you all the latest information and tips relating to Health, Body & Beauty. Your feedback is appreciated and welcomed.
Tools & Info
Simply Skinny Products